Friday 1 September 2017

After the Beers of Summer have gone

Its been a busy couple of months over the summer for various reasons but I still found time for some beers. In August London played host to many festivals and fringe events, most notably the London Craft Beer Festival (LCBF) followed by CAMRA’s Great British Beer Festival (GBBF). Unfortunately I didn't make it to GBBF as the beer list didn't really appeal to me, however I was really excited to be able to attend the LCBF.

Held at the Electric Light Station in Shoreditch, the London Craft Beer Festival was overflowing with great names from the beer industry. My highlight has got to be Buxton’s newest Ice Cream ale range in collaboration with Omnipollo. Buxton kept us waiting with anticipation as they were only serving one keg at a time - when it was gone, it was gone! They were also running their slush machines offering iced beer toppings with each sample. If you’ve read one of my earlier blog posts you will remember that I already fell in love with Buxton/Omnipollo’s first range of ice cream beers - the classic Neapolitan which I was lucky to try whilst in the Buxton Tap. With my eye closely watching the Buxton stand at LCBF I got to try these latest additions to the ice cream range: Popsicle Ice cream Pils, Blueberry Slab Cake and finally the Raspberry Meringue. I honestly felt like a kid in a sweet shop with the range of beers on display. The great thing was that with the smaller servings I could get round and try as many beers as I could! 


Although August has been quite quiet for me on the beer front, my diary is packed with events to go to in September. First one on my list is Beavertown’s Extravaganza being held on Fri 8th and Sat 9th Sept. The event boasts a large gathering of breweries and friends of Beavertown from the UK and Internationally. I am really looking forward to the reprise of Rubus Maximus, which was a Beavertown and Wild Beer collab in 2014 and has got to be one of my favourite beers! The Rainbow Project 2017 is also making an appearance with UK breweries pairing up the US again this year. I can’t wait to taste the Rainbow! 

Next will be Bristol Craft Beer Festival (BCBF) being held on 15-17th September. In attendance is a range of independent and well known breweries from Bristol and the South West as well as some guests from around the UK, US and Europe. I do enjoy seeing what our local brewers have to offer so I will be looking to see whats new during this festival. 

To finish off my September I’m venturing back up north to Indy Man Beer Con at Manchester’s Victoria Baths. In my opinion a great venue for a beer festival with great cubby holes to explore in search for my favourite beers. This will be my third visit to the city and I intend to see what else it has to offer with it’s Indy Man fringe events.



Maybe I’ll see you there! 

No comments:

Post a Comment